Other than my keyboard, everything I want to keep is now safely stowed in our storage unit or cluttered about my mom's condo. The condo's feelin' a little pinched right now. With all of my mom's and sister's stuff already here, the little bit I've added seems to be the droplet that broke the bucket's handle. I was planning on taking most of the condo stuff with me, but after piling it all into my car (which is still for sale, btw) and realizing that a full car load plus clothing will not remotely fit into the 107 inches of luggage space I am allowed, I shall have to reconsider. I'm typically a light packer, tramping about western Europe with a carry-on for over two weeks, but how do you pack for 2+ years? There are all these books and little reminders of home that I want to take with me, but I guess they're things that can be shipped at a later date courtesy of my lovely mom.
In other news, I just filed my taxes. Glad to get that bugger outta the way, even though I OWE this time around (grumble, grumble). I'll just pretend the money goes towards keeping California's parks open and not towards bullets.
Ozzie turned 12 today. I think I failed at properly honoring him in his old age, but we went for a drive to the post office this evening and he made a little nest in the backseat with a towel and curled up and snored most of the way, so he seemed content. My mom's out of town right now and it's just me and him in the cluttered condo and I'm afraid he won't be here when I get back.
4 comments:
Speaking of taxes and parks ;) We just visited Hearst Castle on the CA coast. Thanks to the fact it is part of the state park system the shoreline will never be developed. Thank you, California! I must have been a fish in a previous life-the ocean absolutely exudes magic for me.
I spent this week going through files and shredding our life away-I am constantly reminded of how much clutter life brings. What you are doing is appealing at the moment-simplify!
Pet Ozzie for me.
Ozzie is always in your heart beary and you in his. You'll take each other with you wherever you go.
thanks, sis. ::sniff:: i hope that goes for family members, as well.
of course :)
Post a Comment