Friday, January 4, 2008

Home. For now.

Well. My mom, Ozzie, and I made it home just in time. There's a thick blanket of snow now accumulating outside my apartment window and the walk I (rather stupidly) took earlier ended in frozen pants, a runny nose, and persistent sneezing. Although a cold is guaranteed to take hold very soon, I'm perfectly content to bundle up and hunker down with some hot chockie, a good book, and the falling snow for the next few days. The trip is (sadly) done, my job is over, and I've got an unlimited pile of things to do, but I'll get to it soon enough. Reno in winter and winter in Reno. Too good to resist. And I don't even like to ski.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frozen pants? Like...they stand up on their own now?

I agree. Reno in winter is a good thing.

ant

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! It got nasty out there and I worried you would be stuck on the other side of the mountain...good timing! I thoroughly enjoyed the massive amounts of rain we received today...and can't wait to wake to all the snow tomorrow, although at the moment it has stopped with about 4" accumulation here in Spanish Springs.

Erin said...

yeah...i jumped outta bed at 6 this morning and peeked outside, expecting to be engulfed in snow fluff, but we've only got a meager 2 or 3 inches here in downtown. and the skies are blue. oh well. so much for "winter storm watch '08". sigh...at least i've got my cold to keep me company.

Anonymous said...

I'd say 6" here in Spanish Springs. Major disappointment to wake up to sunny skies!

Sue-z said...

I had to go out and play; we have about 8" so far-ain't it grand! I'm first on the block to make a snowman-two faced! Snowman has a big nose, strong face. My snow woman side faces our living room window; she has a small yet demure nose, and, well, she's shapely feminine.

Anonymous said...

Take a photo!!!

Angie said...

Hi Erin

So glad I found your blog before you left! I look forward to reading about your adventures! Happy New Year! Angie

Erin said...

i'd like to see a photo of the two faced snowoman, too...i'm intrigued.

yay! hi Angie!