My staging kit came in the mail yesterday and I just got off the phone with Sato travel, confirming my flight arrangements. Please join me in a happy (and nauseous) dance. A nauppy dance.
Because there's no way I could leave Reno on the 18th and be in Philly by 1:30 that day to register for training, Peace Corps is arranging for me to leave on the 17th and spend my final night as a non-trainee in Philly, which is cool. Hopefully I'll get a chance to check out the sites a little, especially since I've never been there and have heard it's a neat place. Because I really like to look at flight schedules, and maybe you do, too, here's what I know about my schedule so far.
Sunday, February 17th:
Depart Reno NV at 7:05am and arrive in Dallas TX at 12:15pm, with a good book ready to rock
Depart Dallas TX at 3:30pm and arrive in Philly at 7:40 pm
Monday the 18th:
Register for training starting at 1:30, training goes from 3 to 7pm
Tuesday the 19th:
Training from 8:30am to 6pm with 1.5 hours for lunch
Wednesday the 20th (here's where it gets a bit more exciting):
Depart hotel for JFK airport at 8:30am
Depart JFK airport at 4:20pm and arrive in Frankfurt, Germany at 5:50am, Thursday (ow.) 7hrs 30min travel time
Thursday the 21st:
Depart Frankfurt Germany at 10:40am and arrive in Bucharest Romania at 2pm
2hrs 20min travel time
Beyond that, I have NO clue what the schedule will be like, which I find oddly enjoyable. I like not knowing what the heck I'll be doing a month from now, other than training and stumbling over Romanian words in Ploiesti. Happy dance? Happy dance.
2 comments:
Wow, this is really happening! I'm going to have a friend in ROMANIA.
Happy Dance.
As we say here, happy, happy, joy, joy.
So exciting!
Post a Comment