Most teachers here have an extra class called Creative Use of English (or CUE) in which they get to pursue their interests and design a fun, one hour a week activity to do with students who share the same interests. It would work great if we had more time to dedicate to it and if students weren't so busy and had more enthusiasm to put...well, enthusiasm into it. Last module I did a drama CUE that was kinda chaotic, but, in the end, fun. This module, I'm doing a story writing CUE that has been a bit of a drag so far just cause I don't know what to do with it. BUT, tomorrow I'm showing them how to take the story they got from an old relative and turn it into a digital story on story bird. I'm really excited about it, probably way more than the students will be, but that's ok. Here's the story I'm going to share with them and hopefully it will inspire them to get excited about story bird and sharing stories, too:
http://storybird.com/books/lost-at-sea-how-my-great-grandparents-met/
(who knows, maybe it'll even inspire you to share a story.)
btw, the story is based on truth (it involves the Titanic!), though I added in some details and embellished things when I didn't know exactly what happened.
Finally, today is my lovely mother's birthday. I think the story is a good one to share on her birthday. Maybe she can help me straighten out the details if I'm way off. Sending across the ocean birthday hugs and kisses and cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment