Tuesday, February 10, 2009

LOD

Today I learned that the kids in school think that everyone goes on vacation when they do. This became apparent after every kid in the drama club individually asked me how my vacation went. It was nice that they inquired, but it also made me realize how little they know about what I'm doing here. When I told them it wasn't much of a vacation for me because I had to work all week, they said "Really?" and gave me a bit of a blank stare. As much as I love the drama club, it has unfortunately become a small part of my life and I get the feeling that they think I spend all of my time preparing for the once a week, 1.5 hour session. So when they had their end-of-semester vacation last week, I had my 1.5 hour vacation (plus, it was nice to not have to prepare). I spent my vacation at a former EPA employee's house in a nearby village playing with year old twins.

Twin 1 (Zsofi or Janka):
Zsofi (or Janka)

Twin 2 (Janka or Zsofi):
Janka (or Zsofi)

So I did have a nice vacation pushing tots in swings and watching them eat apple sauce at the same time. It was interesting. The mother had a very good system down for feeding them and keeping one entertained while the other one took a messy bite. Gemeni means twins in Romanian, like the zodiac sign. I can't believe all these twins that are popping up. My good friend back home had twins, I'm playing with twins here, and a lady at the agency is going to the US in May to visit her daughter who is pregnant with, yep, twins. What's going on? Is it the weather? Does climate change also mean fertility change?

Anyways, lessons of the day: when you're a kid in school, it's hard to imagine life as anything else. Twins are a zodiac sign, cute and caused by climate change.

Good night.

3 comments:

Sue-z said...

Fun times, pushing tots in swings.
Twins: sounds like there's something in the water ;)

Margery said...

What beautiful children. I remember students thinking the teacher totally works for them. Little did they know we enjoyed the break more. Love, Mom & Ozzie

Margery said...

What beautiful children. I remember students thinking the teacher totally works for them. Little did they know we enjoyed the break more. Love, Mom & Ozzie