Friday, January 17, 2014

These are not my cookies.


I don't get many emails from students, but I got one yesterday. From a quiet student who seemed to want to blend into the wall during class. So much so that I barely knew her, though she did very well in class. In the email, she asked for the recipe for the cookies I had shared with my students on the last day of class. I sent her a link to the recipe ( http://bakeoff-flunkie.blogspot.com/2010/07/kaitlyns-outrageous-oatmeal-chocolate.html if you're feeling bakey) and a follow up email explaining how I chopped up dark chocolate to make chocolate chips. I also bid her good luck and figured I'd never hear from her again. This morning, I got a second email from her with the above picture attached to the below message:

"Good morning miss Erin :) I did cookie yesterday night they turn out well but absolutely yours is more delicious than mine. Thanks for your help have a good time :)"

Being me, I can't think of a better email to end this semester on. Here's to the quiet quirky wonderful kids, to spreading the love of cookies, and to two weeks of vacation. G'night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet, in more ways than one! Teaching is so demanding but so rewarding. Love, Mom