Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A quiet person's escape

I miss my car for three reasons.

1. Ease of travel
2. The ability to listen to loud music without headphones or pestering the neighbors
3. 80 miles an hour on the freeway, putting every ounce of extra energy into the loudest, widest scream possible and not a single person knows

relief.

3 comments:

Margery said...

I like the feeling of freedom - that I can go where I want when I want. It would be very hard for me to give up my car. Love, Mom & Ozzie

Renee said...

You know I've been trying to get out of the habit of a car. I haven't owned one now for almost two years now. I must say I like not owning one, however, without Dan's we would have a hard time... the ranch to Reno is a big ride to do even every once in awhile. With all that said, it's hard to beat the feeling of freedom you get when on an awesome road trip :^)

Sue-z said...

My ultimate escape drive involves my hubby driving to nowhere. I enter a world of my own and I don't necessarily see outside the car window. I tend to start vacations this way. After a good long time I suddenly become aware of my surroundings and I am refreshed. The scream inside my head becomes a whisper.