Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Today was the day
I finally saw one today. I've been wondering if I would see one here and was beginning to doubt it, but today was the day. Perhaps it's a good sign? Maybe this is the beginning of an onslaught that will lead to air that doesn't stink, eyes that don't itch, and throats that don't scratch. They're everywhere in the US, probably more so now than when I left, but seeing one today made me want to run up and give it a peck on the passenger window. I've missed seeing hybrids. Funny how you don't realize you miss something until you see it, in its sleek little nonpolluting silhouette with an exhaust that smells of only mildly tainted air. The sad thing, though? I saw my first (and undoubtedly not my last) Hummer H3 within a month of being in Romania. But I'll hold tight to my little hybrid memory and simply hope for more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Makes me want to go outside and hug my Prius!
It always surprises me at how popular Hummers are. They're not good for much, and they're not exactly easy on the eyes...I'd much much rather have Mike's car!
Post a Comment