Saturday, September 20, 2008

what i miss

because i feel like being sentimental.

i miss playing. i would kill for a piano right now, with no one around to hear. i'd play la dispute first and second. maybe even third. then i would play moonlight sonata followed by fur elise and anitra's dance. of course they'd all sound like crap because i haven't played in seven months, but that certainly would not stop me. i'd play comptine d'un autre été followed by sur le fil and to finish with flare, i'd pound out a solid hall of the mountain king. then repeat.

i miss pulling up to my dad's house on sundays and seeing tj, bare foot and big grinned, opening the front door and running out to me, making me hurry to park the car and undo the seat belt and get out there. adventures sure to abound.

i miss the solidity of saturdays. kickboxing in the morning, lunch with my mom in the afternoon followed by a walk with ozzie around the lake, coffee at my favorite shop, a show with friends in the evening. a day well spent without any questions of what i *should* be doing. i miss those saturdays alot.

i miss the desert and the high, dry sun, the emaciated landscape of sage and dirt and the smell that matched. reno from snake mountain. reno from any mountain. a downtown of casinos that bumped into a university and the interesting mix of people that resulted. home.

i miss a relatively well defined job and the fluffy dogs and diet dr. pepper that went with it.

other than people,
i don't miss
much else.

3 comments:

Margery said...

I miss our lunches too. I never eat out much anymore but I do walk Ozzie around the lake and of course feed the ducks and geese. The weather has been grand in the mid 70's with beautiful blue skies. Hugs, Hugs, Hugs! Love, Mom & Ozzie

Sue-z said...

There is a piano playing in my imagination.

Renee said...

Everyone who knows me well, knows that I enjoy a nice hot shower. Well, I had my first hot shower in about 15 days last night and although I knew I was missing them I didn't realize how much I missed them until I was steaming up in the Silver City KOA. It took all my will power to turn that hot water off. Man it felt great. I miss you bear and having the periodical lunch with you and mom! Luv you guys